Arc Fault Breaker Service in Columbus, OH
Additionally, older Columbus homes may not have arc fault breakers, so they should be installed during electrical system upgrades. Fire extinguishers, smoke alarms, and escape ladders are types of emergency equipment that aim to avoid bodily harm during fires, but they’re unable to prevent fires. Hiring an electrician at Safe Electric to install or repair an arc fault breaker will increase your home’s protection against electrical fires.
Quick Facts About Arc Fault Breakers
- An arc fault breaker is usually installed on bedroom lighting or power circuits in an accessible location by an experienced electrician.
- Arc fault breakers are able to distinguish between normal arcing conditions, often caused by common household appliances, and dangerous arcing conditions.
- AFCIs break electrical circuits purposefully when they detect dangerous electrical arcs, or arc faults.
- Arc faults are accidental electrical arcs created by currents traveling through unintended paths, and they’re associated with intense heat that can cause burning particles to ignite homes.
- Hazardous arcing can result in temperatures of up to 10,000 degrees Fahrenheit, so ensuring that your Columbus home’s arc fault breaker is working properly by scheduling electrical repairs with an electrician from Safe Electric is crucial.
Home Electrical Safety Tips & Electrical Inspections For Columbus
Electrical safety problems in your Columbus home are not always noticeable. There may be no tell-tale signs of bad wiring, overloads, or surge damage, making professional electrical inspections so important. House fires are definitely something to […]